So sue me, I'm feeling fallish! I always make this in my slow cooker, but you don't have to. It would be easily done on the stove top as well.
Ingredients:
6 large russett potatoes, peeled and cut in to 1/2 inch cubes (about 3.5 pounds)
3 (14 oz) cans chicken broth (with roasted garlic if you can find it- if not, add about 1-2 tsp of minced garlic)
1/4 cup butter
2 1/2 tsp salt
1 1/4 tsp fresh pepper
1 cup whipping cream or half and half
6 oz shredded cheddar cheese
1, 8 oz container reduced fat sour cream
4 bacon slices crumbled (I use turkey bacon)
Extra cheddar cheese to top, if desired
Directions:
Combine first 6 ingredients in a slow cooker.
Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours- until the potatoes are tender.
Mash evenly with masher until potatoes are chopped and soup is thickened. Stir in cream, cheese and sour cream. Top with bacon and additional cheese, if desired. (And yes, I always desire that!)
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love reading comments... Thanks for stopping by!